MPillay is the constituent Singapore law practice and joint law venture partner of the international law firm Pinsent Masons LLP.
MPillay and Pinsent Masons operate as a Joint Law Venture in Singapore i.e. Pinsent Masons MPillay. This structure allows us to combine the international experience of Pinsent Masons (through its global network of 24 offices across Europe, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, and Africa) and the deep local law expertise of MPillay into a single practice.
Our lawyers advise on high value and complex local, regional and international matters. Through the years, MPillay, through its Joint Law Venture, Pinsent Masons MPillay, has earned a reputation for its expertise in:
- Dispute resolution: Our multi-award winning practice has a worldwide reputation for expertise in large, complex international arbitrations, across multiple industries and sectors such as infrastructure, energy & resources, oil & gas, technology, airports, rail, roads and water. We have acted in and advised on multi-million to billion dollar disputes arising in Australia, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Kuwait, London, Paris, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, and Vietnam. These involve proceedings both in Court and in Arbitration.
- Technology, Media & Telecoms (TMT): We have a multi-disciplinary practice advising companies in the technology sector. We are also at the forefront of the development of the TMT industry, and have worked with various Fintech companies (such as crowd-funding and invoice factoring platforms), video game companies, social media companies, and venture capital funds in the technology space. We also advise regional and leading startups on a range of issues such as initial coin offerings
- Corporate: We cover corporate finance, namely, mergers and acquisitions (both public and private companies) and equity capital markets, privatisations, corporate restructurings and rescues, funds formation, and securities regulations. We are particularly adept at resolving legally and commercially challenging and complex transactions and have extensive experience in acting for private equity funds, business owners in the mid-market segment for domestic and cross border transactions.
- Private wealth and tax: Our Legal 500 Tier 1 Ranking team advises high-net-worth individuals, their families and service providers on a wide range of tax, trust and regulatory matters, often involving overseas assets. Matters cover tax-efficient ownership changes, investments and estate planning as well as asset protection, tax investigations and philanthropic donations.
- Regulatory and investigations: We advise on a full range of complex and cross-border financial crime matters from fraud, bribery and corruption, money laundering, insider dealing, internal investigations, financial sanctions, to defending enforcement proceedings and prosecutions. We deal regularly with international regulators and prosecutors, and work with multinational companies across Asia such as Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, and China.
- Project Finance and Oil & Gas: We have an experienced and dedicated team covering the non-contentious aspects of major energy and infrastructure projects across the Asia Pacific (as well as deals in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia), including oil and gas and renewable power such as solar and windfarms.